Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Persevere

So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere, so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him." But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.
Hebrews 10:35-39

God showed me a picture of perseverance. It looks like a fast train that transports you through life. In perseverance, you can get through a fire and not be burned. You can go through water and not drown. It's a place of rest, peace, and hope. I always thought that perseverance was pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps, gritting your teeth, and moving forward no matter how awful it is. I thought it had to do with how strong and capable you are as a person. This has never been my area of expertise. I am weak and sensitive, afraid and ashamed. In the past, I have gone through situations being very much aware that it is awful and grieving at the agony of it all. God has been giving me the vehicle of perseverance these last few days. It's been quite a ride. Fear, shame, and disappointment remain outside. Perseverance is a place of dignity and supernatural protection as you go through difficult situations. It is all God's work. So climb aboard, believe and be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment