Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Obedience Opens Doors To Victory

Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. 1 Sam 15.22

Once I heard a talk about obedience to God. The speaker said that when God asks you to do something and you don't do it, it messes everything up. For one thing, it makes it harder to hear from God. The other, is that God might not tell you what he has in store for you next until you obey the first command.

This morning, I was asking God about whether I should fast and do some other spiritual exercises. I am so tired of not seeing victory in my life. I thought maybe this would help. He seemed to be saying to me, "What about the one thing that I asked you to do years ago and you still haven't obeyed? How about we start with that." Well, that one thing seemed too hard and I just kept side stepping it. So this morning, I told God that I would obey him on this thing, even if it seemed impossible. Then he lead me to a chapter in the Bible that he has been referring me to for 15 years. It seemed like he offered it to me as a word of encouragement. I am to meditate on it and believe it and walk in it. He is promising great victory. Wow, it is very obvious that to obey is better than sacrifice!

I encourage you to seek God and see if he has asked something of you that you have been avoiding. It could have been years ago, and you have even forgotten it. Then step out and obey. I promise, God has great things in store for you. Fasten your seat belt. You and God are in for the ride of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment