Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Create In Me A Pure Heart

Create in me a pure heart,O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Psalm 51:10-12

This portion of scripture has been going through my mind all morning. It started with a dream where I was sorting through boxes of stuff that had been given to me. In the dream, I was keeping some of it because I thought I should and getting rid of things that other people thought were valuable and should be kept. When I woke up, I realized that none of it had to do with who I am as a person. All of it should go. Our lives are full of what others have given us and value but aren't really us. We get so confused as we try to live someone else's agenda for us that has nothing to do with who we truly are. In many cases, we don't even know who we really are. God wants to be the one in charge of cleaning us up. Then he wants to fill us with a joy that is foundational, based on us being children of God. Surrender to his work, knowing that he truly values you as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment