Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

God Will Satisfy You

I got to thinking about how God gave the Israelites manna in the wilderness. It's really quite cool how he gave them this miracle food each morning. He fed them right from his hand. This must have been the true super food. It must have had all the nutrients that they needed, because God promises to supply all of our needs. To the Israelites, it wasn't enough. They griped and complained. They felt nostalgic and longed for the food that they ate when they were in slavery. They wanted something other than manna.

This got me thinking about how Jesus is our Bread of Life. He is our source. He is more than enough. His mercies are new every morning, just like the manna. God is the I Am. He is everything that we need him to be. He is calling us to come and partake. He is begging us to leave behind how things used to be. He wants us to come, receive, and be satisfied.

I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:35

Here is a fun song by Keith Green about this very subject. I love this song and I love this guy that gave his all for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment