Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

God Is Lonely

As I sit in God's presence, I wonder, how does the world survive without this? Life crushes me from every side, both inside and out.So in this quiet time, I remember who I am and who God is. I am refreshed and ministered to by God. I know that every single Christian needs this, not just a quick time to read the Bible, say a hasty prayer and get on with life. Just as a good multiple vitamin doesn't replace eating nutritiously, a fifteen minute devotional time doesn't replace spending a decent chunk of time in God's presence. We need to be still and know he is God.(Psalm 46:10)

We need to let him minister to us. If you take the time to sit in God's presence, he will take the time to minister to you. "Draw near to God and he will draw near to you" (James 4:8) We are spiritual beings. We are friends of God. We need this to grow and survive spiritually.

One time, I was going to a woman's retreat. I asked God, "Is there anything that you want me to share with the ladies?"

He answered, "Tell them that I am lonely."

He loves it when we hang out with him. He wants our friendship and we need his.

No comments:

Post a Comment