Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Look At The Capabilities Of God

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

Today, I read about this amazing man who overcame obstacles and conquered. I used to be motivated when I read stories like this. I would think, "If he can do it, so can I." Well, guess what? I am not like those people. I am pretty weak emotionally and I hate suffering. When I read the story, I started crying in discouragement. Then God spoke to me. He told me that even if I don't have an iron will and a a strong constitution, he does. I don't have to be personally like one of those people. I am not to look at them and get discouraged. I can even be aware of my weakness, but know that God is strong. I have been looking at my own capabilities and giving up. The key is to look at the capabilities of God. God is powerful. God is love. God is self disciplined. I can conquer because God is at work within me. God will be these things for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment