Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Let Him Be Your All

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like the eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint. Isaiah 40:29-31

Because the sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, have I set my face like flint, and know I will not be put to shame. Isaiah 50:7

God continues to have me on a theme of exchanging my weakness and inability for his strength and ability. The word "renew", in the above verse, literally means exchange. We exchange our weakness for his strength. This comes about through hoping in God. Isaiah sets his face like flint. He looks to God and hopes in God. All kinds of circumstances, thoughts and emotions want to have the attention instead. We are to set our faces like flint on God. We are to seek first his kingdom. We are to look to Jesus. We are not to look to the waves or listen to the lies of the enemy. Jesus and what he teaches are the truth. He is our true north. Your strength, your ability, and your old belief systems have only brought you pain. Look up and hope in God. Let him be your strength. Let him be your all.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Kathie! And the song is such a blessing as well. I love you and I love your walk with our Lord! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your comment today. Then I had to re- read the blog so I could respond. I was re- motivated and inspired. Did you know that enthusiasm means God in us? I was glad to hear this. God is our source of everything we need, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete