Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, November 1, 2010

You Are Righteousness

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain. For he says,
"In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you."
I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

2 Corinthians 5:21-6:2

You are the righteousness of God. There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus. Your identity is not "sinner." You are justified, remember that means "just as if I never did it." I know that you are thankful that Jesus paid the price for your sins and that he died in your place, so you can have eternal life. This is truly awesome. Now is the time of God's favor. Now is the time of God's salvation. Shame and striving to be good want to rule. Don't let them. Jesus gave you his righteousness. Receive it. Walk in it. Rest in it.

You will continue to fall short. In fact there is a scripture that says that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Jesus wants you to confess and then move on. I am only beginning to truly learn about this. So this is how I have been putting it into practice these last few days. I do a blanket confession each day for all of my sins in general. Then I look up at righteousness. At the same time I am resting in God's love and approval. They seem to go hand in hand. All I know is that this is of utmost importance. Jesus asked us to seek first his righteousness. He didn't say to seek first your own righteousness. In fact, he said that our righteousness is as filthy rags. God made a huge deposit of righteousness with your name on it in the bank of his love. Don't let it be in vain. Withdraw it and live in it. It will never run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment