Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Awake

Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.
Ephesians 5:12

Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you. Isaiah 60:1

Yesterday was the first Sunday in Advent. We are now officially preparing for Christmas. During this time we remember that Jesus came to earth and why. We also remember that Jesus will return and are reminded to stay awake and be prepared for his return.

This morning, as I pondered this, I remembered a vision that my friends and I had together. In the vision, we were standing out on the street shouting, "Wake up. Jesus is coming."

All up and down the street people opened their windows and shouted, "Shut up! We are trying to sleep!"

We are truly called to encourage others to stay awake or to wake up. This morning, I feel God challenging us to ponder our own wakefulness. That's all. We are to each go to God and ask him where we are asleep. We are to ask him to wake us up and give us the ability to stay awake. I know that through this process he will reveal himself to us in a new and beautiful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment