Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, November 5, 2010

God Inspires You

I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. Ezekiel 26:37

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Matthew 28:20

God is saying that his Spirit within us has been leading us our whole lives. He has never left us and never will. Each of us will not be like any other person. I am remembering that Jesus was perfectly led by God and yet, I can hear the crowd yelling, "Crucify him!" He wasn't what they expected. Neither are you. You are part of a peculiar people.

I have always admired the quiet, reverent appearing people. They always look so holy. This is how God made them. I am just not one of them. I am adventurous and curious. I talk, sing and tell corny jokes. I walk up to total strangers and start talking to them as if I've known them my whole life. I am not a quiet, hidden person. I am unconventional and always out of step with others. For example, Monday was a feast day; God had me fast. Go figure. Throughout my life I have shocked and horrified many people. They say to me, "It's just not done that way." Much of my life I have been shamed and taught to believe that if I am out of step with the people around me, then I am out of step with God.


God is showing me that, not only has he stood by our sides in our uniqueness, he has inspired it. He is so excited to take us beyond status quo. He has so many cool things that he wants to do with us. He wants us to trust that he is leading us. We are not left to our own devices. He will never leave us. This is going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment