Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Peace and Prosperity

Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you will prosper.
Jeremiah 29:7

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

This scripture is speaking to the Jews about being in exile in Babylon. They weren't there willingly and the city belonged to their enemies. Yet God is asking them to pray for peace and prosperity for the whole city, not just themselves. I believe that God asks the same of us today. What place are you in exile. Are you sick, in a difficult marriage, in debt, depressed, in a nasty job, unemployed, or some other hard situation? I believe that God is asking you to cry out on behalf of others in the same difficulty, whether they deserve it or not.

God wants to prosper you, but he wants you to pray big prayers so that he can prosper others too. It's actually really cool. It is so fun to watch others be blessed by God.You get to have a part in bringing that about. How fun is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment