Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Carry The Beauty In Your Heart

to comfort all who mourn and provide for those who grieve in Zion- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.
Isaiah 61:3

I was just thanking God for the beautiful worship service that we attended Sunday. I heard him say, "Carry the beauty in your heart." I am understanding that God has beauty, joy and praise that he is continuously offering us. He wants us to be aware of this and to receive it. Yes, there is ugliness, despair, and disappointment out there. God does not deny that. If you are mourning, let him comfort you. Let him provide beauty and gladness and praise. You may feel like you have earned the right to focus on what is wrong in your life because it feels like there is so much that is wrong. The price is just too high! It will only lead to despair. Look up and notice the goodness that God is offering you. Receive it, savor it and carry this beauty in your heart.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my Kathie! What a beautiful, heartfelt post. Thank you. You are truly a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barb. Speaking of beauty, you are a beautiful friend to have in my life. Thanks for being you.

    ReplyDelete