Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pleasing God

"I long just to please you" (Jeremy Riddle

I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. This will please the Lord more than an ox, and more than a bull with his horns and hoofs.
Psalm 69:30-31

As I sang the line from a song by Jeremy Riddle, I was aware that God loves me. He doesn't just love himself and his agenda. So part of what pleases God is to bless me and that I know his love for me.

We do not prostitute ourselves to God. He wants us as a bride; to be his friend, partner, soul mate. I know my spouse is my best friend. We do fun things together. We work together, laugh together, cry together. We talk about life and confide in each other. As time goes by, we love each other more and more deeply.

This is what God wants with us, and more. So pleasing God isn't just being good. He wants us to be his bride in every way. This would please him more than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment