Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

God Never Gives Up On You

Therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the wilderness and speak tenderly to her. There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. There she will respond as in the days of her youth, as in the day she came up out of Egypt. Hosea 2:14-15

Francine Rivers wrote a book with Hosea in mind. She writes of a prostitute that gets rescued and is married to a good man. All she knows is prostitution. She doesn't know what true love is or what a healthy relationship between a man and a woman looks like. The man is good to her and teaches her of true love. Even when she runs back into prostitution, he brings her home again and loves her all the more. Eventually she starts to get it. She starts to understand and receive love.

This is what I feel like is happening to me today. Somehow God is getting through. I have been clueless of true love and what God expects from me. I am starting to get it. I am being set free from my old way of thinking. I am being set free to love and be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment