Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, January 21, 2011

We Are Risen With Jesus!

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? Isaiah 8:19b

On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Luke 24:1-6a

I am becoming very aware that there is a part of me that is my own worst enemy. It believes the lies, is intimidated by the opinion of man, and walks in constant shame and defeat. This part is very vocal and drags me down and confuses me. Sometimes it is yelling so loud that I can't even hear God. I am becoming aware that this part of me is dead. It was crucified with Christ. It no longer lives. Why should I listen to it? "The life I now live in the body I live by faith in the Son of God." I do not live by faith in this crucified self. I am being asked by God to turn and hope only in him. I am sure the angels are singing. God is throwing a party. I am waking up to the fact that I am no longer dead. I am risen with Jesus. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. I'm aware this morning that there is always the snake, the evil around. I keep feeling like if just this person weren't here or that person... then another one comes that feels like they are sold out to the error... Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? Isaiah 8:19b
    Then I read your blog Kathie and realized that it doesn't matter... "Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Luke 24:1-6a So, look for Him where He resides, not here at the tomb entrance. I was skimming a new book on Fatima this morning and realized that some of the prayers we say are from there. It just seems like I can't try and 'fix' the situation; but just be looking at God, looking at God...looking at God! Laurie

    ReplyDelete