Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Let Hope Arise

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

"Let hope arise and darkness tremble
In your holy light
That every eye will see Jesus our God
Great and mighty to be praised" (Joel Houston- Hillsong United)

The words from Joel Houston's song kept going through my mind this morning. God wasn't telling me to get my act together and start hoping. He was saying to let
hope arise.

There is a movie called,HOPE FLOATS. In all honesty, I can't remember what it is all about. I just like the title. It reminds me of the story in the bible where the guys axe head falls in the water, and through prayer it is made to float. It is impossible, in our own strength to make hope arise. It's impossible to make axe heads float.(2 Kings 6:1-7) This is an important point. You cannot, in your own strength make hope happen in your life. God is the source of all hope. He is asking you to turn to him, be still, and let hope arise. I pray this blessing on you today. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment