Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, January 17, 2011

There Is More

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Romans 8:37

For years I have been praying with two wonderful friends. Over and over, God keeps saying to us, "There is more." We always tell him that we want this "more" that he is referring to. Sometimes we can guess what he is talking about and sometimes we haven't a clue.

The "more" that he has for me today is that I matter. I matter more than conquering obesity, addictions, a dirty house, debt, and circumstances that are defeating and discouraging. On the other hand, I matter so much that these things must be conquered. I saw a picture of an exhausted athlete, lying on the ground panting. His coach has been training him and pushing him beyond his comfort zone again and again. Breathlessly, he asks, "Tell me again, why we are doing this?"
The coach answers, "Because you matter."

He pushes me to conquer because I matter. On the other hand, he wants me to know that I matter more than conquering.

"We are more than conquerors." To some it would seem that I am taking this scripture out of context. But in reality, I am seeing this scripture in a deeper way than I ever have before. I am seeing the "more." I used to think that it only meant that Jesus helps us to be super good at conquering. Now I know that not only is this true, but it also means that we have more worth to God than whether we conquer or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment