Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Taste And See That The Lord Is Good

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. Psalm 34:8

I remain confident of this;I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:13-14

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Habakkuk 3:18

Years ago, I was up late at night when God gave me a prophecy for someone. I still remember the exact words. "Taste and see that the Lord is good. How will you know that the Lord is good if you will not taste and see?" There is darkness and disappointment everywhere we turn. God is asking us to taste and see that he is good. He wants us to see his goodness, to be strong and take heart. We are in the valley of the shadow of death. God is asking us to be aware of his presence more than the darkness. Habakkuk decided that even if many things looked all wrong he would rejoice in the Lord. There is a part of me that feels like a traitor. How can I rejoice when there is such suffering? Yet, this is exactly what God is asking of us. Taste and see that God is good. Not only will it make the suffering more bearable, it will bring change. Receive hope today. Rejoice in God, and that hope will spread to others and transform the world around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment