Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You Have Great Worth

What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? Romans 8:31

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:1-3

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

You have great worth and you always have. There is nothing that anyone can believe or do that will change this. If God is for you, who can be against you? God is for every human on the planet. Like J.J. Heller sings, he loves us, "not for what we have done or what you will become." We don't have to prove our worth by trying to accomplish great things. God already says we have worth.

His love is very basic. It is the source of our existence. In fact, we couldn't exist if God weren't sustaining us. That is why nothing in the whole world can get God to stop loving you.

Because God is for us, he pursues us constantly. He offers his love and loyalty at every turn. He will not give up. No matter how many times we choose against God, he still chooses for us. He has called us to be part of his team. He wants us, not so he can use us, but because he loves us. There is no power that can separate us from his love, none.

2 comments:

  1. Kath...sitting here at work holding back the tears...what a great song;
    J.J. Heller "What Love Really Means"...phew, what a great song. Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I love her. I am going to see if I can get an album.

    ReplyDelete