Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Apart From God We Can Do Nothing

God wants us to live life as his Beloved. I put on Beloved glasses. I am clothed in Beloved clothing. I eat Beloved food. I breathe Beloved air. I live in Beloved light. Life isn't so much about being good as being loved. When I am trying to be good it is based on my ability. When I live, knowing I am Beloved of God, then all of life is based on God's love. This reminds me of the scripture, "In Him we live and move and have our being." (Acts 7:28) Another is, "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." (Psalm 34:8)
I don't think God is going to give us courage for the whole day right now. It will come as we need it. He isn't going to give us a pill and send us on our way. He is going to hang out and give us grace for each situation. He doesn't want to just give us help. He wants to be our help. Apart from God we can do nothing. (John 15:5) We cannot live in the "I shoulds" or the "if onlys." We can only live in God. Then we have true life.

No comments:

Post a Comment