Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Follow Jesus

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 NIV Bible

Jesus is asking us to give up trying to "be good". He is asking us to give up our "if onlys". We are to lay it all down and come and follow him. We don't need man's acceptance and approval. We don't have to prove anything to them, or even ourselves.

It is actually a relief. Jesus has what we truly want, a deep relationship with and dependence on the Father. He has joy. He has peace.

There will always be rejection and suffering. He is the way through it. We can't stop to try and get rid of it. We must follow him through it. We can only have one master. He is Jesus. We are weary from trying to serve all the other masters. Jesus is asking us to give it up and come and follow him.

No comments:

Post a Comment