Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Journey Of Joy

"I felt a strong urge to break down all those walls of fear, convention, social expectations and self-deprecation. .... 'If you really want it, you can do it. You don't have to be the victim of time and money...You should claim your deepest desire and do what you really want to do....time and money aren't the real issue. You are. Everything is possible for you....Why let the world squeeze you in? Why become a victim? You are free to do what you want - if, that is, you really want it!" from LIFE OF THE BELOVED by Henry Nouwen

God is calling me on a journey of joy. I see a picture of Jesus trying to entice me to follow him. He is filled with joy and keeps laughing and looking at me with love. He is leading me to places and experiences that bring me joy.

Yes, there will be suffering. Jesus endured the cross because of the joy set before him. He is setting joy before me. I am afraid of the cross. So I am finding every excuse in the book to not move forward. There will be a cross. He said,"If any man come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross and follow me." "The joy of the Lord is my strength." "We go from strength to strength." So, we go from joy to joy. Step out today, and begin your journey of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment