Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Truly Come Vibrantly Alive

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." John 15:4 NIV Bible

I am remembering a crucial thing that a pastor taught me. He said that the people that identify counterfeit money have become really familiar with what real money looks like. They have focused on it and memorized it. Then when a counterfeit bill comes along, they know it right away.
I have found this to be a truth in my relationship with God. I must remain plugged into God through prayer, worship, Bible reading and and intimacy. Then as I go through life I recognize the counterfeit that would otherwise deceive me. Also I have found that when I am listening to God, I can hear him more correctly. I end up being in the right place at the right time more, and I can have a deeper impact on the lives around me. I guess my light shines brighter in me and on those around me.
We are going to live this life no matter what. Why not live it to the fullest? I don't want to live as a faded, sickly flower. I want to be vibrant and beautiful. I don't want to be a victim to every idea and scheme. I want to know the truth. This is what Jesus offers as we spend time in his presence. Then we truly come vibrantly alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment