Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Trust Your Crazy Ideas

I remember how Christopher Columbus believed that the world was round at a time when most believed it to be flat. He was sure that if they kept sailing, they would find land. No, he didn't know all the details, but he persisted in the belief of a round world. Those with him were afraid, because they were sure that if they kept going they would fall off the end of the world and die. He believed the truth and went forward in it in hope. They were on the same journey, but believed a lie. They were in bondage to fear and acted out of that fear. I bet they were surprised to find that Christopher was right.
We are called to be like Christopher. God is setting us free to be truly us. He is saying that we are valuable and worthy of love. We are his Beloved. God is calling for a change in our lives. He is asking for a new belief for us."The change of which I speak is the change from living life as a painful test to prove that you deserve to be loved, to living it as an unceasing 'yes' to the truth of that Belovedness." (Henri Nouwen, LIFE OF THE BELOVED)
Years ago, I heard a pastor talk about how he spent an hour a day letting God tell him how much he loved him. It radically changed his life. God is calling us to the same thing, except that we are to listen 24 hours a day. This comes in the delightful things in life like watching a sunrise. He also tells us of his love through our suffering, which brings us closer to him. He is with us always, whispering words of encouragement.
You are a radically amazing gift to God and the world. Be you, O Beloved one. I have a sign on my wall. It says, "Trust your crazy ideas." Be free. Walk forth in the Belovedness of God and the dignity of who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment