Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Church Needs You

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20 NIV Bible

I know that God is present everywhere, when two or three gather in his name, he is present in a different way. He dwells in each Christian, and as we assemble his light shines brighter. I have seen this again and again. I will be praying in a chapel, and when someone else enters to pray, I sense God's presence more powerfully. I was really aware of this on Sunday when I was at church.
This is one reason why God asks us to, "not give up meeting together...but let us encourage one another..." (Hebrews 10:25)This is another truth that is a mystery, but it is truth none the less. Today, God is really wanting to make the point that he is faithful to his children. He has promised that he is present when we gather in his name. We need this. God asks us to let our light shine. As we gather with his other children the light gets brighter and brighter. The darkness has to back off. Then we can hear God more clearly and be ministered to by him in a greater way. We are not an island. God created the body of Christ. We need each other. It is hard to find a church that seems just right. Regardless, God is just right and he is present. We must gather with fellow believers because God asked us to. When there, keep your eyes on God and worship him.Do it for God. Know that whether you feel anything or not, that God is faithful to you and to his children that gather in his name. God dwells in you. The church needs you and you need the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment