Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rejoice, O Chosen One

"He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor." 1 Samuel 2:8 NIV Bible

Back in the 1970's we sang a song that went something like this,"He lifts the weak out of dust and places them among princes." This line is based on the KJV Bible. God brought this to mind this morning. His point seemed to be that he has compassion on the weak. He isn't disgusted with them. He doesn't put them on the back burner and tell them to stay there until they are good enough. Here is another scripture.

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to my God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:1-3 NIV Bible

Our hope is in the Lord. We will always have weaknesses. We will never measure up to the world's standards. I read in Proverbs 8 that he delights in human kind. That is all of us, not just the strong and capable that look impressive to everyone. This morning we read of how God chose David as king. He was the least likely of all the son's of Jesse. God is asking us to embrace our whole self. He delights in us. He wants us to delight in ourselves. He is proud to call us his children. He knows that we are dust. He doesn't have a problem with this.

Let God's love and approval saturate all of you this morning. Let him reach down into the rejected parts of your being and lift them out of the dust of self hate. He has chosen you as his own. Rejoice, O Chosen One, Beloved of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment