Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Throw Off Everything That Hinders

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1-2

God is asking us to fix our eyes on Jesus. When we spend time in prayer with God, it's not to fulfill a duty. It's not only to be helped, comforted, equipped, and taught. It's to spend time in relationship. He is not just a partner in the business of life. He wants to be best friends.
God is asking us to follow him. He knows who we are and what we were individually made for. God has such a great plan for us. He wants all of man's agenda gone from our lives so we can be free to be in his perfect will. He is our source. He is the author and perfecter of our faith. Hudson Taylor describes it in this way. "I could look right up into my Father's face with a satisfied heart, ready by his grace to do the next thing as He might teach me and feeling very sure of his loving care." (Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret by Dr. and Mrs. Howard Taylor)

No comments:

Post a Comment