Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Rise Up Child Of God

David said to the Philistine,"You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the Lord will hand you over to me, and I will strike you down and cut off your head." 1 Samuel 17:45-46a NIV

Last night, each time I woke up, I could hear God singing to me about how wonderful his name is. At one point, I even prayed for awhile in God's name. Then this morning, Pete ended up reading this scripture to me. I knew God was trying to make a point. David didn't come in his own authority. He didn't come with man's armor or even powerful weapons. He came as a boy with power from the One True God. God wants us to become aware of what a treasure we have in his name. It is not an intellectual word study. It is a knowledge of the God we serve and who we are as his children. This is crucial. Begin today. Learn and grow. God wants you to know your inheritance. He has many gifts for you. He wants to see your enemies struck down and their heads removed. Goliath has been mocking you too long. Rise up Child Of God and know your authority

No comments:

Post a Comment