Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Where He Leads Me

Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. John 20:26

Years ago, God gave me a vision of following him. I was on a highway that was filled with people going the same direction. The highway was their path. Then Jesus appeared to me and asked me to follow him. He led me off the highway. There was no path to follow. He was the way. I kept my eyes on him and went wherever he went. Sometimes I got fox-tails in my socks. Sometimes I was hot and thirsty. One time we came across dangerous animals. He picked me up and carried me, sheltering me from danger.
Today, I am very aware of following Jesus. I have such a sense of hope and peace. I don't know where he will lead, but all will be well when I am with him. I don't know what he will ask me to do, but he will equip me. I am excited about the journey. I have been through much refining and am more aware than ever that the journey isn't what it is all about. It is about being with Jesus and doing what the Father is doing.
This song by Twila Paris is one of my favorites. It speaks of this journey with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment