Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, June 21, 2010

I Am Not A Corgi Dog

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5;6-7

I am finding myself oppressed this morning because there are so many disappointments in life. God isn't doing things the way I want in the lives of my family members. I find myself like a Corgi dog. Corgis herd everyone around them and can't rest unless all is well. I come from a long line of Corgis and so I also have others that can't rest until they think I and my family are doing everything right. Well this is not a fairy tale. There will never be perfection in our little world here on earth. Praise God for heaven! So, I can continue to herd and fret and be herded and fretted over or........I can escape. Yes! God wants to take care of me and all those in my life that I am concerned about. I can't get rid of the problems and fix everyone, including myself. It's too big. Thanks be to God! I choose to cast my anxiety on him. He will care for us. We were never meant to take care of ourselves. God has a plan for us that is bigger than we understand. He promised that goodness and mercy are following us all the days of our lives. He promised to give his angels charge over us to guard me in all of our ways. He is our Shepherd, our Father, our Savior. He will make everything work together for good in our lives. I choose to be free from this oppression. I choose joy right now. I choose hope right now. My God is faithful. I will hope in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment