Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, June 18, 2010

You Are A Work Of Art

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God created in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10 NIV Bible

This morning, I watched a young squirrel climb a tree and became aware of what a perfect squirrel it is. It already had it's squirrel characteristics and it is good at being a squirrel. It would make a lousy bird or even tree.
God made each one of us uniquely and perfectly. We have heard this all of our lives. The truth that I am beginning to grasp is that we are perfectly made to be us. Of course we don't have the skills of the guy next to us. We were never meant to. This doesn't make us inferior. We have been led to believe that we are to be like God and capable of everything. Then we feel ashamed because we obviously can't do all that we and others expect of us. It is very much like the ugly duckling story.
I was told that I am to embrace me, all of me. The problem was that I believed a lie that said that I was a duck and a very bad one at that, but I needed to love myself anyway. I am not a duck at all. I am a unique beautiful me. I am perfectly made. I am a work of art made by the best artist in the world.
Go forth this day and ask God to show who you really are. Then have fun being you. You are wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment