Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Surrender And Be Free

I am so thankful that I am not in charge of my own life. God is my Father, my Shepherd , my Healer. He is changing me from glory to glory. I know I talked about how important it is for us to be free to be who we are. This is very important, but the only way we can have true freedom is through surrender to God. We need him to take care of us. We were never meant to be independent. Life is so complicated and sometimes this overwhelms me. Then I remember that God is Lord and that I can rest in him. He is at work behind the scenes, both in me and around me. I don't want to be lord of my life. I don't want other people's attitude or actions to be my lord. I don't want circumstances to be my lord. I want to hope in the One True Lord. God has given us a free will. We can try it on our own and we can be ruled by others and our circumstances. No matter how legalistically you try to be good, it ain't gonna happen. You can't fix those around you. You can't create a perfect life for yourself here on earth. Even if you worked at this 24 hours a day you would never succeed. I have good news. God doesn't expect this of you. I call you this day to surrender and be free. Surrender to his love and approval of you. Let him take care of you. He is your Strong Tower. He is your Place Of Safety. He is your Goodness and Mercy. I am convinced that we can't have right order in our lives by frantically trying to fix ourselves and everyone and everything around us. We can only have right order by surrendering and letting God be God in our lives. So I repeat,surrender and be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment