Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Lean Into God's Goodness

Come all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come buy and eat! Come buy wine and milk without money and without cost. Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me and eat what is good, and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.
Isaiah 55:1-2

this morning, God has been teaching me so many wonderful things that I had trouble choosing which one to share with you. I narrowed it down to the truth that is giving me the most peace today. Tomorrow my daughter gets married. This brings lots of interesting challenges, both emotionally and physically. God began my day with a big dose of declaring that I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Then God moved on to an awareness of his goodness and mercy that are with me. Every time something negative wants to well up within me, I lean into God. If I am afraid, I lean into his love. If I am sad, I lean into his joy, and so on. I guess I am, leaning on the everlasting arms. Leaning, leaning safe and secure from all alarms. (Elisha A. Hoffman) anyway, God has been infusing me with his goodness and the darkness flees. Hallelujah! It is going to be a great weekend.
Here is that song that I referred to the other day. It is by Twila Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment