Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yet Will I Hope In Him

"Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him." Job 13:15 NIV Bible



I am very aware that my hope must be in God. I can't hope in me or others getting it right. I can't hope in my human heritage. The world says that if things are a certain way in your life, then you are successful and good. Job is a perfect example to disprove this lie. He was one of the most holy men on earth and God let almost everything be taken from him. This had nothing to do with his goodness, or ability, or heritage.


Then there is the other side of the coin. We can find ourselves like the Apostle Paul that said, "When I want to do good, evil is right there with me." (Romans 7:21) We try to be good, but we keep messing up. Paul says, "Thanks be to God - through Christ Jesus our Lord!....Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 7:25 & 8:1)


My hope is in God, alone. I declare that God is good and faithful. I declare that he is in charge of my destiny. He is making all things work together for good in my life. This day, I choose to hope in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment