Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Are You Too Busy To Be You?

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations. Jeremiah 1:9

God knew you before you were even conceived. He knew you , not what you are trying to make of yourself. He knew and still knows the real, beautiful, wonderful you.
I am being set free more and more of striving to be "the perfect Christian." Yesterday, I pushed myself too hard, which resulted in lack of sleep and waking up depressed. So I worshiped God, declaring the truth. Then depression began to be pushed back. I started looking for songs on the internet and singing along. As I did this, I remembered how much fun I have had in the past with finding a wonderful song and singing it again and again until I had it down pat. So I started learning a song that I love. Then the depression just had to pack up and leave.
Music has always been in my blood. When I was being created I was given music. To not be musical is to not be part of me. Who are you? Who did God set you apart to be? I am sure that the more you seek God and know his love, the more you will be set free to be you. The more you are you, the happier you will be. Have fun rediscovering yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment