Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Jesus I Trust In You

I have been crucified with Christ and no longer live, But Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit;apart from me you can do nothing.
John 15:5

Fruit on a tree doesn't make it a fruit tree. It's a fruit tree, therefore it has fruit. I am remembering someone that I have known since they were a little child. They were free spirited, creative and fun. One day, their family started getting very legalistic. Because she has a pure heart she truly tried to toe the line. It robbed her of joy as she sought the fruit rather than the fruit giver. The message she received constantly was, "Be good. Try harder. Be legalistically self controlled like me, and then you will be acceptable." Depression became an issue for her and a deep sense of shame. If you meet her today, she looks like the others. She even acts like them, but none of that can hide her sweet pure soul.
God is showing me that I am like her. I have imposed the same thing onto myself. I believed the others that said that it was bad to be me.God is setting me free to be myself with dignity.
Jesus wants us to rest in his love. This burden of trying to be good is heavy and not from God. We live by faith in the Son of God, not legalism. He promised that if we abide in him, we will bear fruit.

Here is a song that has meant much to me for years. It makes me think that the musician got worn out by legalism and is returning to trusting in God.

My Eyes Are Dry
by Keith Green

My eyes are dry
My faith is old
My heart is hard
My prayers are cold
And I know how I ought to be
Alive to You and dead to me

But what can be done
For an old heart like mine
Soften it up
With oil and wine
The oil is You, Your Spirit of love
Please wash me anew
With the wine of Your Blood

2 comments:

  1. Kathie, what a good reminder for ourselves to be renewed everyday by Jesus. I love Keith Green and what a blessing he was to so many. How the Lord anointed Him! John got me some his cd's for my last B. day :-) We are soooooo blessed to have Jesus. He surely is our fresh cup of water for each moment of the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-men. I love your line, "fresh cup of water for each moment of the day!!!"

    ReplyDelete