Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Freedom From Injustice

Is not the kind of fasting I have chosen; to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?.. Isaiah 58:6

In the above passage God is asking his people to get rid of injustice and slavery in their midst. As I read it this morning, God seemed to be wanting to emphasize another point to me. As long as we live, there will be injustice on this earth. God wants to set us free so that those chains of injustice have no more power over us. It isn't fair that a child is born or marries into a home of rejection, neglect, abuse or abandonment. Yet it happens every day. That person can stay a victim to that their whole lives, always seeking to be loved and approved of and yet never satisfied. God wants to set them free from these chains so that injustice has no more power over them. They are chosen, lovable, nurtured and loved by God. He wants them to know their worth no matter what has been and what is. The other verse that God keeps speaking this morning is; He whom the Son sets free is free indeed. John 8:36
I keep remember a person that I have known since they were a child. They have such a strong sense of their own worth that they are just happy. They don't even see the injustice being done to them. It had no power over them. It seems to slide off like water off a duck's back. They are not victims and yet people do try to victimize them.
God wants to free us from the chains of injustice, and then he has called us to go forth and free others. He is sorry that we have had to suffer. He even apologized to me today for how we have been treated by other people. As long as we live there will be people that do not honor and value us. We can grieve and be victimized by this or we can choose to be free so that they have no more power over us. Jesus wants to set us free. Then we will be free indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment