Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Remember The Wonders He Has Done

Remember the wonders he has done. 1 Chronicles 16:12

Time after time there is a need to remember what God has done. When we are filled with joy, we shout praises and remember. When we come to an obstacle that looks too big, we remember how God got us over obstacles in the past. Over and over God told his people to remember. Today, is like that for me. Maybe that is the weapon that God has given me this day. All I know is that this remembering is so sweet. I remember driving in freezing rain with my two best friends. God instructed us when to pull over, change lanes, everything. The whole time we were singing, OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD. I remember being on an airplane where the turbulence was so great that even the crew were scared spit-less. The plane was full of Christians and we prayed and sang out loud. You forget to be invisible at times like that. Afterwords, the crew and passengers thanked us for our prayers. I remember being by my Grandma's bed when she was dying. We worshiped, and prayed the 23rd psalm. My Grandma, who had been silent for hours, joined in. I remember putting the last package of meat in the microwave to thaw and praying, "Well Lord, we are out of meat and money. We need some help here." My husband came home with an unexpected $20 tip from a customer. I remember being in terrible pain and feeling God's arms holding me and comforting me. I remember praying for barren women who were pregnant within a month. I remember the time God healed me instantly from a nasty rash. I remember..... I could just go on and on. The memories are so sweet. God is so good. So today, this is what I would encourage you to do, remember. By the way, you might need a pack of tissue handy. All this remembering brings tears of gratefulness and joy. Have a good day of remembrance. In fact, while you are at it, have a good life of remembrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment