Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, August 20, 2010

God Has A Weapon For You

Now in those days the advice Ahithophel gave was like that of one who inquires of God. 2 Samuel 16:23a
No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. Isaiah 54:16b
For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

This morning I woke up being accused by the enemy in areas where I am vulnerable.It sounded so rational because it was familiar to me. I had been listening to it and believing it my whole life. Then my husband read the above scripture from 2 Samuel. Ahithophel gave bad advice that had nothing to do with the truth of God and yet it was received as if God, himself had spoken it. I realized that I was doing the same thing with the familiar accusations that I was hearing. As I prayed, the other two scriptures came to mind. So I asked God what weapon he had for me. I thought I heard him say, "Praise." Then I saw myself walking down a road with a rod in my hand. I was filled with joy and worshiping God because he is good. The enemy was still all around me throwing stones, shouting accusations, and giving bad advice. I was on a safe path from God, and the enemy couldn't touch me. I no longer felt the need to respond to him in any way. I was free.
God has just the right weapon for what ever enemy you are facing. Go to him and ask him what it is. It will be just right and you will conquer. In fact you will more than conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment