Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

What's In A Name?

She gave birth to a son, and they named him Solomon. The Lord loved him; and because the Lord loved him, he sent word through Nathan the prophet to name him Jedidiah. 2 Samuel 12:24b-25

Names are very important. When my son was born, we picked a name for him, and it is a very good name. On the other hand, God picked the name David for him. David was a man after God's own heart and David danced before the Lord in worship. As I pray for my son, I remember that this is who he is. He may not know it and I may not see the fruit of this name, but if God gave the name then this is who my son is.Solomon was given the name Jedidiah by God. It means loved by God. Today, I was praying for a young man that knows legalism, but doesn't know the love of God. God asked me to name him Jedidiah, loved by the Lord. My heart lifted and I started to get excited about this man's life. What is your name? I bet if you research the name your parent's gave you, you will find a key to your identity. God was there when you were named. I am convinced that he helped pick that name out. Ask God if he has any other names for you. I bet he does. Then claim that name. Believe that you are who God says, even if it doesn't seem like it. God is speaking life over you. Accept his gift. Remember, he is the truth, and the truth sets you free. He wants to set you free to be who you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment