Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I will share with you some treasures that God gives me during my morning prayer times. I hope it speaks to your heart and feeds your soul.

Friday, August 6, 2010

God Has Compassion On You

Shout for joy, O heavens;
rejoice, O earth;
burst into song, O Mountains!
For the Lord comforts his people
and will have compassion on his
afflicted ones.

Isaiah 4913

God made us all unique. I have always been impressed with the people that were born cheery and are like the weeble that wobbles and doesn't fall down. Then there are the determined people. No matter what life throws them, they grit their teeth and keep going even if it kills them. Of course there are the ostrich people that cope by sticking their head in the sand and pretending that nothing is wrong. I am not like any of these. I am sensitive and aware of things that aren't right in life. When I fall down, which I do sometimes, I sit and cry. For years I thought that God wanted me to quit crying, think happy thoughts and get on with life. This morning I realized that God wants to comfort me. I guess he wants to be the source of my happy thoughts. He is not asking me to pull myself up by my own boot straps. He wants to comfort me. God has a different perspective on life than you might expect. Remember, he made each one of us unique. It is o.k. if we don't cope like the guy next to us. God is asking us to individually bring our difficulties to him. He will give us his perspective on the situation and whatever tools are needed to get through it.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment